Good Afternoon Rattlers!
Hope everyone is ready for lacrosse season! I know we are!
Our first practice will be this Monday, March 1st from 4:30pm - 6:00pm at Elizabeth Lenz. Please dress appropriately for the weather and make sure your kiddos bring plenty of water.
Practices will be on Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 4:30pm to 6:00pm. Once we hit daylight savings in mid-March, we will move to 5pm start times.
Practices will be at Lenz Elementary (2500 Homeland Dr, Reno, NV 89511) with all parking on Caribou, which is on the East side of the school. (We are working on another potential field, but for now, please plan on Lenz)
HEALTH SCREENING FORM
All participants (players, coaches, managers) need to fill out THIS SCREENING FORM before EACH session.
- Ideally this is done at home prior to arrival at the site.
- Screening responses will go to a google sheet. If you want access to that let me know.
- If someone forgets to do the form, it can be done from any phone via the link. Or you can scan THIS QR CODE to access the form.
We are currently required to take temperatures of the players.
- They need to be under 100.4. League will provide thermometers.
All of it is here in the Spring 2021 Protocols/Safety Plan. The highlights are below.
- Coaches and Managers need to get a Covid test before the start of the season. Tests are free through Washoe County and can be scheduled here. If coaches don’t have tests completed by first practices they can still coach. But they need to have it done in a timely manner. Email a copy of your result to
- Masks...Coaches, managers, parents are all required to wear them at all times, and we highly encourage coaches to have players do the same, even when playing.
- Distance...Keep the kids from huddling up.
- Current capacity limit for a playing field is 100.
- Don't share water or equipment or clothing. Sanitize hands, clean up, use common sense.
- Spectators at practices are discouraged. If people do hang around they need to be masked and they need to stay distanced from one another.
Even though helmets are not required, we highly recommand getting them. Suggestions: Girl’s lacrosse helmet (Cascade LX Women’s Helmet/Headgear). Some players also wear lacrosse cleats. See pictures below.
RULE 2: Equipment and Uniforms 2.1 - BALLS
Ball must meet NOCSAE specifications
2.2 - THE LACROSSE STICK
The top of the ball must remain visible when pressure has been applied and released in both the back and front face of the pocket. The ball must move freely in the front face of the pocket and the upper third
of the back face of the pocket. All other existing USL specifications for lacrosse sticks and pocket requirements are in force. See Appendix C for further equipment specifications.
2.3 - PLAYER EQUIPMENT
Players on each team will wear the same color shirt, but a different and contrasting color than the other team. Each shirt shall have a visible number. Eyewear and mouthpiece are required. Please see Appendix C for equipment specifications.
2.4 - GOALKEEPER EQUIPMENT The goalkeeper must wear a helmet with face mask and properly secured chinstrap, a separate throat protector, padded gloves, a mouthpiece, a chest protector, pelvic protector and padding on the shins and thighs. Please see Appendix C for specifications and guidelines for goalkeeper equipment.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself or your friendly South Reno Rattler Coaches!
firstname.lastname@example.org / 775-342-9748