HSLL BOX LACROSSE LEAGUE ‘18
For 8U through High School
Now on the Main Floor of RenoSportsdome. - Register Today!
NOTE: HIGH SCHOOL BOX REGISTRATION IS SOLD OUT!
Space is still available for 14U, 12U, 10U and 8U
Mondays (HS and 8U), Wednesdays (14U and 10U) or Fridays (12U) from 4pm to 6pm Oct 15 through Dec 7, 2018
Each age groups meets once per week - 6 games/sessions
Schedule Here. Teams will be formed and announced prior to first session
Not sure of your age goup? Click here.
HSLL Box League Highlights below. See what’s new for the ‘18 Box Season!
- Main Floor Play - The HSLL is excited to announce that 12U, 14U and High School Box Lacrosse League play will happen on the Main Floor at Reno SportsDome! That means full-field, comfortable viewing, food and drink!
- Main Floor League Format - 12U, 14U and HS teams will be assigned by high school zoning to ensure competitive team play and development. We will play by USBOXLA Rules, using certified USBOXLA referees, approved shot clocks and more!
- 8U and 10U Players - Will enjoy box clinic-style skill development and games on the smaller floor, a nice layout for these age groups!
- House League Championships - We will crown champions at the 12U, 14U and HS levels. Come ready to compete!
- Earlier Season to Reduce Winter Sports and Holiday Conflicts - Season runs from Oct 15 to Dec 7, 2018. No sessions Nevada Day, Halloween, or week of Thanksgiving
Register Now, Space is Limited!
Registration Process: HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training, and has goalie gear to ensure safe, fun game play.
Step 1: To participate in the HSLL Winter Box League, first register with USBOXLA.
- >>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
- >>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
- Use Code - W5WXPBBC ($20 for annual membership)
Step 2: Click here to register for HSLL Indoor Box League. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1.
HSLL League Pricing (Reduced from 2017!)
- 8U and 10U price is $150.00
- 12U, 14U and High School price is $200.00
- Goalies play for free (reimbursement at the end of the season). Goalie pads provided by HSLL.
- Slash and Rib Pads are required for League Play. To purchase, click here for the USBOXLA Warrior Store and take advantage of best pricing and products!
What is Box Lacrosse? Box Lacrosse is Canadian style indoor lacrosse. A skills based game, it offers more skill repetition, a faster pace and a large emphasis on team passing and execution within the tight confines of an indoor field. Shooting, passing and ground ball skills will rapidly develop and improve.
Eric Martin, Program Director, 10 year professional lacrosse player in the MLL and NLL, 2x NCAA Champion, World Champion, Pro Champion, Salisbury University Athletics Hall of Fame. Head Coach of Truckee North Tahoe Boys HS Team.
Eric Peacock, Program Administrator, Bishop Manogue Head Coach, HSLL and HSLF Board Member, played Collegiate Lacrosse at Whittier College and post grad with the Marin Lacrosse Club and others.
Justin Cutler, Playing career includes; Northfield Mt Hermon (93' New England Prep Champions), Indoor Action Club U15-U18 Box Lacrosse, University of Vermont (cut short by injury) and Catamount Men's Club. Justin has worked twenty years on Interagency Hotshot Crews, fighting fire across the Western US. Justin is a long time Rattlers coach and parent and recently joined the HSLL Board.
- NOCSAE approved helmet and mouthpiece
- Rib pads and slash guards, sold thru Warrior store here.
- Gloves, elbow and shoulder pads
- Basketball style shoes, cleats are not allowed.
- Protective cup
- Goalie, bring helmet, cup, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. The League will provide essential box goalie equipment.
Avalanche Box Travel Teams (New for ‘18-’19): Interested in competing against the best in the West? Join the Avalanche Box Travel Team. Watch for info. Space is select and very limited.
- Wasatch Winter Invitational, in Salt Lake City, UT from Jan 25 - 27, 2019
- Roster size 14-18 players (including goalies, each team carries two)
- Additional fees for floor time, coaching, travel and tournaments apply
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse League Director, at
2018 Box Refund Policy
USBOXLA membership fees (which were paid to USBOXLA either during or prior to the registration process) are not refundable at any time.
A player who withdraws from the program prior to Oct. 8, 2018 for any reason will receive a full refund of the HSLL registration fee, less a $40 administrative fee
A player who withdraws from the program for medical reasons (such as injury) with a valid physician's note prior to Oct. 20, 2018 will receive a full refund of the HSLL registration fee, less a $40 administrative fee.
A player who withdraws from the program for medical reason (such as injury) with a valid physician's note between Oct. 20 and Oct. 28, 2018 will receive a 50% refund of the HSLL registration fee.
No refunds for the program will be issued after Oct. 28, 2018.
Refund requests must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org