2019 BOYS BOX LACROSSE LEAGUE
For players born 2011 through 2001
We recommend 2 seasons of field lacrosse experience for all Box players.
Oct. 21 through Dec. 20, 2019
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays from 4pm to 6pm
Each age group meets once per week - 7 games/clinic sessions
No sessions Nevada Day, week of Halloween, or week of Thanksgiving.
(subject to change)
Register Today! - Space is Limited
Registration Process: HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training, and has goalie gear to ensure safe, fun game play.
Step 1: To participate in the HSLL Winter Box League, first register with USBOXLA.
- >>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
- >>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
Step 2: Click here to register for HSLL Boys Box League. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1.
HSLL League Pricing:
- Novice and Peewee price is $200.00
- Bantam and Midget and High School price is $250.00
- Goalies play for free! Goalie pads provided by HSLL. The League has purchased new goalie gear for the 2019-2020 season to ensure player safety.
- CLICK HERE for a rundown of the gear you need to play Box Lacrosse
- Basketball style shoes--cleats are not allowed at Reno Sports Dome
- Goalies, bring helmet, cup, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. The League will provide essential box goalie equipment.
Age Divisions - USBOXLA age divisions are based off of birth year: Jan 1 to Dec 31
Box League Highlights!
Main Floor League Format - Bantam, Midget and HS teams will play by USBOXLA Rules, using certified USBOXLA referees, approved shot clocks and more! Main Floor at Reno SportsDome means full-field, comfortable viewing, food and drink!
Novice and Peewee Players - Will enjoy box clinic-style skill development and games on the smaller floor, a nice layout for these age groups!
Earlier Season to Reduce Winter Sports and Holiday Conflicts - Season runs from Oct 21 to Dec 21, 2019. No sessions Nevada Day, week of Halloween, or week of Thanksgiving.
What is Box Lacrosse?
Box Lacrosse is Canadian style indoor lacrosse. A skills based game, it offers more skill repetition, a faster pace and a large emphasis on team passing and execution within the tight confines of an indoor field. Shooting, passing and ground ball skills will rapidly develop and improve.
- Eric Martin, Program Director, 10 year professional lacrosse player in the MLL and NLL, 2x NCAA Champion, World Champion, Pro Champion, Salisbury University Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Eric Peacock, Program Administrator, Bishop Manogue Head Coach, HSLL and HSLF Board Member, played Collegiate Lacrosse at Whittier College and post grad with the Marin Lacrosse Club and others.
- Justin Cutler, Grew up on the East coast playing box lacrosse and field lacrosse. HSLL Board Member and Head Coach for the Galena Girls HS Team. Played at Northfield Mt Hermon. 93’ New England prep school champions. Played my Freshman year at UVM before ski racing injury ended my playing career. Played U15-U18 with Indoor Action Box Lacrosse club.
Avalanche Box Travel Teams: Interested in competing against the best in the West? Join the Avalanche Box Travel Team. Teams will be selected from fall league participants, space is more limited than ever.
Vegas Box Invitational, in Las Vegas NV from Dec 20-22, 2019.
Wasatch Winter Invitational, in Salt Lake City, UT from Jan 24 - 26, 2020.
Roster size 14-18 players (including goalies, each team ideally carries two).
Additional fees for floor time, coaching, travel and tournaments apply.
‘19 Wasatch Tournament Highlight Tape - See the Avalanche in action at last Winter’s Wasatch Invitational in SLC, Utah by clicking here.
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse League Director, at
The 2019 Box Refund Policy is here