2021 Boys and Girls Introduction to Box
BOX START POSTPONED UNTL NOV. 1, 2021!
To deconflict box lacrosse activities with football, hockey and basketball, and due to late-breaking schedule issues with coaches and floor time, we are delaying the start of the box program two weeks until November 1, 2021. The two delayed weeks will be added to the end of the season, occuring after Christmas break, and the overall session length remains the same. Stay tuned for the revised schedule
Learn the basics of Box Lacrosse with clinic-style skill development drills and games.
Box Lacrosse is Canadian-style indoor lacrosse tha offers more reps, a faster pace and an emphasis on team passing and execution within the tight confines of an indoor field. Shooting, passing and ground ball skills will rapidly develop and improve, however it is a difficult environment for a brand new player to learn and become comfortable with lacrosse fundamentals. We do not allow first-time players in Box.
WHO - Boys and Girls born in years 2007 through 2012
- For safety, and to create the best instructional programming, only players with a minimum of one season of competitive field or box lacrosse experience should register for the Intro to Box Program. No first-time players.
- Girls and boys will play in separate sessions, but girls box lacrosse is played with the same equipment and rules as the boys’--similar to the way girls hockey is identical to boys hockey.
- Each age group will be limited to 20 players. See below for age division.
WHERE - Reno Sportsdome - Small Floor
WHEN - Schedule Pending
Each age group meets once per week - 8 clinic sessions, No sessions week of Thanksgiving.
- Bantam/Peewee/Novice Girls - Wednesdays 6 to 8 pm, Small Floor
- Bantam/PeeWee/Novice Boys - Thursdays 6 to 8 pm, Small Floor
HOW TO REGISTER
HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training.
>>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
>>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
>>>Use the discount code W5WXPBBC
- Step 2: CLICK HERE to register for HSL Intro to Box . You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1.
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS - The tight spaces and physicality of box lacrosse calls for some box-specific gear beyond what’s required for field lacrosse. PLEASE CLICK HERE for a rundown of the gear you need to play Box Lacrosse.
- Boys players should have all the gear they need with the exception of Bicep and Rib pads. Boys can buy box-specific gear in our HSLL Box Store, or find at online retailers.
- Girls will need to start from scratch with gear as box uses a boy’s stick and requires full boy’s protective gear. Girls can rent a full box package in our HSLL Box Store.
- Basketball-style shoes--cleats are not allowed at Reno Sports Dome.
- Goalies should bring a helmet, cup, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. The League will provide essential box goalie equipment.
- All participants must read, accept and abide by the Reno Sportsdome updated waiver and rules. Sign that Waiver here.
- HSLL asks that all spectators wear face coverings for the duration of each session.
Eric Martin, Program Director
Eric Peacock, Program Administrator
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse League Director, at