2021-22 Boys and Girls Competitive Box/Avalanche Travel
BOX START POSTPONED UNTL NOV. 1, 2021!
To deconflict box lacrosse activities with football, hockey and basketball, and due to late-breaking schedule issues with coaches and floor time, we are delaying the start of the box program two weeks until November 1, 2021. The two delayed weeks will be added to the end of the season, occuring after Christmas break, and the overall session length remains the same. Stay tuned for the revised schedule
Advanced players with box or significant field lacrosse experience will increase their skills in our competitive box sessions for boys and girls. Top players in the program will be invited to the Avalanche Box Travel Team for tournament competition, see below. Registration in Competitive Box does not guarantee a spot on tournament teams.
WHO - Boys born in years 2002 through 2010; Girls born in years 2002 through 2005
- For safety, and to create the best instructional and competitive programming, only advanced players with box experience and/or a minimum of two years field experience, should register for the Competitive Box Program
- Age groups will be limited to 20-22 players.
- Girls and boys will play in separate sessions, but girls box lacrosse is played with the same equipment and rules as the boys’--similar to the way girls hockey is identical to boys hockey.
- Tournament travel rosters will be formed from these age groups and carry 14-18 players (including goalies, each team ideally carries two).
- Girls will field a Midget/HS team for travel.
- Boys will field Peewee, Bantam Midget and HS teams for travel.
WHEN - SCHEDULE PENDING
- Players will meet for 8 sessions at the Reno Sportsdome, main floor.
- No sessions 11/22-11/26 (Thanksgiving Week)
- Players chosen for tournament teams will have additional practices after Jan. 1, 2022, days and times TBA.
TOURNAMENTS - Registration in Competitive Box does not guarantee a spot on tournament teams.
- Boys’ teams will compete in two tournaments. Additional tournament/practice fees will apply.
- Vegas Box Invitational (Boys) Las Vegas, NV - Dec 17-19, 2021.
- Wasatch Winter Invitational (Boys) Salt Lake City, UT - Jan 30 - 31, 2021.
- Girls’ Team will tentatively compete in one tournament in February. Details TBA. Additional tournament/practice fees will apply.
HOW TO REGISTER
HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training.
>>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
>>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
>>>Use the discount code W5WXPBBC
- Step 2: CLICK HERE to register for HSLL Boys Box League. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1.
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS - Boys and Girls require the same gear/equipment. PLEASE CLICK HERE for a rundown of the gear you need to play Box Lacrosse.
- Players cannot participate without proper gear.
- Boys players should have all the gear they need with the exception of Rib and Bicep pads (aka slash guards). Boys can buy box-specific gear in our HSLL Box Store, or find at online retailers.
- Girls will need to start from scratch with gear, as box uses a boy’s stick and requires full boy’s protective gear. Girls can rent a full box package in our HSLL Box Store.
- Basketball style shoes--cleats are not allowed at Reno Sports Dome.
- Goalies should bring a helmet, cup, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. HSL will provide essential box goalie equipment.
- All participants must read, accept and abide by the Reno Sportsdome updated waiver and rules. Sign that Waiver here.
- HSLL asks that all spectators wear face coverings for the duration of each session.
Eric Martin, Program Director
Eric Peacock, Program Administrator
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse Director, at