INTRO TO BOX has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
COMPETITIVE BOX has been suspended until January.
2020-21 Boys Box Competitive/Travel
November 2 through Jan. 31, 2021
Advanced players with box or significant field experience can compete against the best in the West as part of our Avalanche Box Travel Teams
- Candidates for Competitive Box will be notified the week of Nov. 2, 2020 and will be sent a registration link at that time.
For safety, and to create the best instructional and competitive programming in the region, BOYS’ AVALANCHE BOX TEAMS WILL BE FILLED BY INVITATION ONLY.
- Teams are limited to 20-22 players
- Travel rosters will be 14-18 players (including goalies, each team ideally carries two).
Avalanche will field a team in each of the following groups
Players will meet for ten practice sessions at the Reno Sportsdome, main floor.
No sessions 11/23-11/27 (Thanksgiving Week) or 12/20 - 1/1/21 (Christmas Break)
The current plan is for teams to compete in two tournaments. Additional tournament fees will apply.
HOW TO REGISTER
HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training.
Step 1: To participate in the HSLL Winter Box League, first register with USBOXLA.
- >>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
- >>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
- >>>Use the code W5WXPBBC to get the discounted rate
Step 2: CLICK HERE to register for HSLL Boys Box League. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1. See below for age divisions.
Box lacrosse calls for specific gear beyond what’s required for field lacrosse.
- CLICK HERE for a rundown of the gear you need to play Box Lacrosse. Players cannot participate without proper gear.
- You can order box-specific gear in our HSLL Box Store, or find at online retailers.
- Basketball style shoes--cleats are not allowed at Reno Sports Dome.
- Goalies, bring helmet, cup, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. The League will provide essential box goalie equipment.
- All participants must read, accept and abide by the Reno Sportsdome updated waiver and rules. Sign that Waiver here.
- All players must read and agree to HSLL Safety Protocols before participation.
- HSLL requires that all spectators and coaches wear face coverings for the duration of each session.
- Players must wear masks and practice physical distancing when not actively engaged in play, and should be prepared to wear masks during play, at the discretion of the coach and/or league.
- Players, coaches, and spectators will be required to complete the Health Screening Form via computer or mobile device before each session. Use the link HERE or the QRC code below to access.
Eric Martin, Program Director
Eric Peacock, Program Administrator
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse Director, at
The 2020 Box Refund Policy is here